Rotoform® system for handling of an exceptionally wide range of resins including high viscosity products (from 10-40,000 mPas), products with high feed temperatures (up to 300°C), and those sensitive resins that require particular care in terms of temperature profiles achieved with zone cooling.
As a company whose relationship with the chemical industry extends back to first half of the last century, we are able to offer unparalleled experience in the cooling and solidification of melt products in general, and resins in particular.
These include our flagship Rotoform® system, capable of handling an exceptionally wide range of resins including high viscosity products (from 10-40,000 mPas), products with high feed temperatures (up to 300°C), and those sensitive resins that require particular care in terms of temperature profiles achieved with zone cooling. And, most recently, we have introduced our ThermoCut® system, overcoming the problem of “angel hair” on high viscosity melts.
Today we offer a choice of two process types: flaking and pastillation. These efficient and economical processes are suitable for all resin products (pure/modified, unfilled/with filling materials) including:
- Acrylic resin
- Tall oil resin (colophony)
- Epoxy resin
- Gum resin
- Hydrocarbon resin
- Phenolic resin (Novolake)
- Polyamide resin
- Polyester resin
- Silicone resin
- Modified resins
Feeding devices to suit different product viscosities
We offer a range of feeding devices to process resins with very different viscosities. All are designed to ensure that contact between the product and atmospheric oxygen is minimal and that no air bubbles are added, guaranteeing that there is no degradation of the resin in the feeding device.
Production of flakes on a single or double belt system
The molten resin is deposited on the steel belt as a single layer in a predefined, controllable thickness. Belt cooling removes the heat and the resin layer solidifies. At the end of the steel belt the solidified resin layer is discharged and reduced to flakes by means of a breaker. The breaker is individually designed according to resin type, the flake size required and the capacity of the plant.
Rotoform – the market-leading granulation system for resins
Our Rotoform system has proved itself over many years to be the ideal process for the granulation of resin products, delivering a superior quality end product regardless of the properties of the material being processed.
It is used for a wide range of resin types – for many it has become the default processing solution – and offers a number of significant benefits:
- Efficient cooling through good contact with the steel belt
- Very wide product viscosity range (10-40,000 mPas)
- Very wide temperature range (feeding temperature up to 300°C)
- Ability to process and solidifiy sticky and highly viscose resins
- From melt to pastilles in one operation
- Uniform, hemispherical granules – no need for breaking/grinding equipment
- Environmentally friendly production – virtually no exhaust air pollution
- Cooling water is recirculated
- Easy changeover to different products or pastille sizes
ThermoCut® system delivers perfectly formed pastilles – without angel hair
A common issue faced by processory handling advanced, high viscosity products if the formation of threads, commonly known as “angel hair”. ThermoCut equipment also results in a substantial reduction in the need to clean the machine.
- Purpose-designed for Rotoform and high viscosity melts
- Ensures a perfectly formed product with no “angel hair”
- No dust pollution
- Significantly reduces maintenance and cleaning requirements