Productivity Center Processing systems
In Fellbach Germany we have a world class productivity center for processing solutions including equipment for product and prototype testing, process development and customer support.
The productivity center capabilities includes:
Equipment for dynamic testing of the solidification and granulation process
- 1 Rotoform unit with a belt width of 600mm and cooling length of 10m – for trials at low industrial scale production capacities from 50 to 600 kg/h
- 1 Rotoform mini unit with a belt width of 150mm and cooling length of 2,5m – for trials on laboratory scale from few hundred grams up to 20kg/h
- 1 Rotoform unit with a belt width of 600mm and cooling length of 7,5m – for in-house trials and also as rental unit for the temporary installation at customer sites
- 1 Rotoform unit with a belt width of 1500mm and cooling length of 15m – for as rental unit for the temporary installation at customer sites
- 1 Double Belt Cooler unit with a belt width of 600mm and cooling length of 5m – for in-house trials and also as rental unit for the temporary installation at customer sites
- 1 Precrystallization unit for sub cooled liquids – for in-house trials and also as rental unit for the temporary installation at customer sites
- 1 Inline mixing device to mix solids with liquids before solidification
For prototype testing and product development
- 1 Rotoform unit with a belt width of 1500mm and cooling length of 5m – for full scale prototype in-house testing as a last part of the product development process
In order to accommodate various process conditions we have auxiliary equipment which can be assembled for each trial according to the customer needs
- Different types of release agent application systems
- Different types of casting devices for the flaking process like overflow weir, casting box or calendar feeding rollers
- Different types of discharge devices to select the most suitable for the process
- Different types of breakers for the flaking process
- Thermocut system to optimize pastille shape of high viscous products
- Air handling unit to be able to use cold air from the top in addition to cooling water to increase solidification capacities
- Pumps: centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, piston pumps, heated and unheated
- Jacketed product vessels from 8 liters up to 300l volume
- Agitators with low shear force and high shear force as required
- Remelter to melt the customer product before usage
- Valves, jacketed piping spools, instruments to be connected with the required equipment to have the right test set up.
- 5 separate heating units to generate the right temperature for the jacketed equipment
- Steam generators, in case steam is used for heating
- Chiller units to create the right cooling water temperature, if cold temperatures are required
- Cooling tower to recool the cooling water
This gives the opportunity to do dynamic testing from chocolate to caramel and from urea to road bitumen.
- Max. product feed temperatures of: 280°C
- Max. product viscosity for pastillation: up to 60000 mPas
- Max. product viscosity for flaking: up to 100000 mPas
For dynamic testing of Film casting / drying
- 1 Film casting line with Venturi Dryer modules with winding and unwinding unit. Casting on a steel belt or on a foil is possible.
- The unit is able to handle water or solvent based casting solutions.
- Wet or dry film thickness is variable as to the customer need. Normally approx. between 10 and 250µm dry film thickness.
- Hot air temperatures up to 100 °C are possible in the dryer, even higher temperatures are possible for the belt heating.
- Casting width between 150mm and 500mm
Service to sales and customers
- Feasibility testing (hand test) to give a first feedback about the possibility to solidify the product and to the expected capacity
- On-site support for rental units and demanding process applications
- Process optimization for customers who want to increase the productivity of their process
- Sales and engineering support in terms of process calculations
R&D and joint development
- Project Management for product/process development projects
- Prototype development and testing of new products
- On-site support for prototype trials at selected customer production facilities